Friday, September 14, 2012

All bundled up and ready for home

Poor Star, sitting all forlorn by herself in a strange harbor and stranger boatyard, with no one to keep her company.
 For the last 6 months the boat never really failed me, the engine always started, the rig stayed in the boat no matter how hard I tried to shake it out of her.  In most weather conditions she tracked well, even though the owner snapped off the centerboard (a vital piece for direction stability) the second night out.

And now I left her in the hands of others that may not have the same sense of  - well - connection to her that I do. But she's going to come up to New England and have a life up here, between berths in Mystic and Marblehead her cruising ground will extend from the Connecticut shore to the top of Maine and maybe beyond.

We traveled together from Mystic to Dinner Key, and then back up to Titusville, where she now sits waiting for for her ride. From September 14th to March 23rd, not bad for a 27' ft boat with an eight horsepower engine.

Snippets of the trip keep popping up in my head, I suppose thats going to happen for a long time. I do wish I kept a better journal or blog but after a long day the last thing I wanted to do was email an update on an iPhone keyboard with the boat rocking and rolling.

I'll keep updating the blog as I remember things, I have more pictures from the trip on the iPhone to transfer. Oddly enough I have more time now to spend on the Blog.
This is so much easier on the computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment