Thursday, October 4, 2018

The official start!

It’s 2:09 and I’ve closed the front door to the house for the last time for quite a while. All that’s left to do now is walk back to the Seaport find the dinghy and row out to Star who is now sitting quitely in the anchorage to the North.
The trip down from Marblehead which usually takes 4-5days took two weeks, thanks to Florence and her effect on all the New England weather.  Considering I had to wait in Marblehead, Plymouth, and
Cuttyhunk it really wasn’t suffering after all.
But I was chomping at the bit, and ready to go!
It’s so easy to make big plans...in warm dry shop that doesn’t bounce around. Yup I think I’ll take Star from Montauk straight to Cape May. That way I’ll miss all that travel time down the Sound and not have to go thru Hells Gate. Makes perfect sense to me, that is until you get your ass handed to you on the way to Plymouth because you left to early and the three day Easterly hadn’t died down yet. Been a long time since I left breakfast, last nights dinner, and three nice glasses of wine for the fish but there it is.
So I put my tail between my legs and headed for Mystic and not Montauk. No way, I wasn’t ready and Star is not an offshore boat. Had a wonderful weekend with Sue, replenished the larder, and was looking forward to a calm trip down the Sound. Who’s afraid a little Hells gate anyhow?
Heading down the river my thoughts went to what was ahead, to much to imagine, for now it’s the next buoy wait....red right return oh shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment