Wednesday, September 14, 2011

A Great Start to a Voyage

Wednesday morning I woke to a sunny day with a breeze of 10-15 out of the southwest. Had a great breakfast and made my way down the river. With the full main and genny I was able to make my way past Groton Long Point and on to New London. Bartlett Reef was the next one to tick off then on to Black Point just west of Niantic bay. As I entered the bay the breeze began to lighten and very slowly tacked my way out. On the way out I spotted some empty moorings but since it was still afternoon I elected to continue on. Just on the other side of Black point there are group of rocks and a small island that I thought look like a great place to stay for the night. The anchor went down without a hitch and soon I was watching a sunset with a beer in hand. Ah the cruising life - what could be more simple?

No comments:

Post a Comment