Sunday, September 25, 2011

Huntington Bay

     Woke up and thought some new scenery would be important. So after breakfast I hauled up the anchor and since there wasn't any breeze and I needed to charge up the batteries I motored over to Northport Harbor, the easternmost harbor in  Huntington Bay. There were tons of boats almost as many as Marblehead but not quite. I was a little bummed because the town from the water really looked very pretty with a lot of Victorian homes that have been fixed up to the max but the original design staying the same. Very different then all the mansions I've seen so far - all very beautiful but how much money and where did it all come from!? No matter it all keeps guys like me busy.
     I left Northport because if I stopped at the town dock it would of cost 3.50 per ft whether you stay overnight or not.  I motored back west some to a sandpit not unlike Sandy Point and dropped the hook next to an island that lies 100 yds off the spit. All of a sudden two guys show up on the island with a gas powered compresser and start drilling into the old concrete foundation that's there.  I can't figure it out for the life of me, this went on all afternoon, you can imagine the noise, plus it really didn't look like they got anything done--oh well. I finally took the old name off,  so now it's officially Wandering Star. She is who she is!  Sue I got that light to work so now people can see the boat at night. Well another beautiful sunset it's off to some rice and beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment