Thursday, January 19, 2012

From Beaufort to Ramsheared cut.

Hilton Head

I've just finished dinner(which almost didn't happen), and was standing outside when all of a sudden a dolphin very close by takes a breath.  

It's pitch black out and the stars are out in strength. There is a slight glow from the north that would be Beaufort, and to the west Savanna. I'm in a creek and the tide is going out. 

This is prefect feeding time for the dolphins. But difference between here and rock creek(read grounding) is there are a lot more and their real close to the boat. 

So it's dead quite, and dark, once again I feel like I'm in the middle of nowhere, when all this breathing takes place. It sounds like someone is coming up for air after being down for too long, but over and over. You can tell these are big animals. 

It's fun but a little bit spooky. 

The trip down here was great with lots of loons, ibis, dolphins, not to mention the osprey sitting right on a day marker not 20' away!

I passed Hilton Head and have to say the properties ( cause they ain't just houses) are pretty amazing. There just different to the point where you have to ask where is all this money coming from?

I passed thru a river and a sound today. Both of which If you looked east you could see the Atlantic. That hasn't happened much since New Jersey. 

Tomorrow I cross the Savanna river and enter Georgia where I'm sure it's much warmer than here - right?

No comments:

Post a Comment