Sunday, January 29, 2012

Mooring Field

From Fort George creek to St Augustine. That's 44.1 Miles!!  Another great day with the current and breeze in my favor. It's almost to much to ask.

Looking back at going through St Catherine's Sound in Georgia with fog that rolled in and I couldn't see the bow. Of course it didn't matter much since I was against a 8' tidal ebb. At 1.8 knots I wasn't worried about having to make those razor sharp quick decisions in a second's notice!

But here I am, not only in St Augustine but in a mooring field, hanging on one of those moorings, (for free) with a huge old light house behind me. And then with the Atlantic ocean crashing on the beach only a couple of hundred yds. in front. 

I'm very tempted to stay - for just a day or two.....

But I got to get going again tomorrow and be at the bridge at slack so my little boat can get thru the big currents that run here. 

Great if there in your favor but a bear to go up against. 

They say the breeze will be in the east again tomorrow - one can only hope

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment